Umm
Haritha was Ar-Rubayyi' bint An-Nadr, the wife of Suraqah ibn Al-Harith ibn
'Amir from the Banu An-Najjar tribe, and the sister of Anas ibn An-Nadr, one of
the martyrs of the Battle of Uhud. He was martyred with over eighty wounds from
blows, stabs, and arrows, to the point that his sister Ar-Rubayyi' said,
"I only recognized my brother by his fingertips." She was also the
mother of Haritha ibn Suraqah, one of the martyrs of the Battle of Badr, and
the mother of 'Umayr bint Suraqah.
It
is narrated that when her sister wounded someone, they took their dispute to
the Messenger of God (peace and blessings be upon him). The Messenger of God
(peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Retribution! Retribution!"
Umm Ar-Rubayyi' said, "O Messenger of God, will retaliation be taken
against so-and-so? By God, she will never be!" The Messenger of Allah
(peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Glory be to Allah, O Umm ar-Rubayyi’!
Retribution is prescribed in the Book of Allah.” She said, “By Allah, no
retribution will ever be taken from her.” She persisted until they accepted.
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Among the
servants of Allah are those who, if they were to swear by Allah, He would
fulfill their oath.” (Narrated by Anas ibn Malik).
It
is also narrated that when her son Haritha ibn Suraqa was martyred at the
Battle of Badr, she came to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and
said, “O Prophet of Allah, will you not tell me about Haritha? If he is in
Paradise, I will be patient, but if he is not, I will weep bitterly for him.”
He said, “O mother of Haritha, there are gardens in Paradise, and your son has
attained the highest Paradise” (narrated by Al-Bukhari). He attained Paradise
because of his devotion to his mother, as the Messenger of Allah (peace and
blessings be upon him) said: “While I was walking in Paradise, I heard the
voice of a reciter, so I asked, ‘Who is this?’… They said, ‘Haritha ibn An-Nu’man.’
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, ‘Such is
devotion, such is devotion.’ He said, ‘He was the most devoted of people to his
mother’” (narrated by Imam Ahmad, Ibn Hibban, and Al-Hakim). Part of his
devotion to her was that he would feed her with his own hands.
A
beautiful example of respect for the status of prophethood. She lost her
beloved son, her devoted child... yet she calmly asks, "If he is in
Paradise, I will be patient; if not, I will weep bitterly for him." What a
patient and steadfast woman! She accepted his martyrdom in the path of God. He
was killed, but what truly concerned her was her son's fate and destiny after
his death. If he is in Paradise, she will be patient and persevere. If not, she
will weep bitterly, not out of grief for his loss, but out of grief for his
fate and destiny. May God be pleased with her and grant her His favor.

تعليقات